Barry S. Block,
Master Gemologist Appraiser®
G.G., C.S.M.-N.A.J.A., A.S.A.
Accredited Senior Gemologist - A.G.A.
Registered Master Valuer #1051402
Founder and President of the Jewelry Judge Network of Professional Jewelry Appraisers
email: Barry Block
55 Cherry Lane, Suite 102
Carle Place, NY 11514
Hours: By Appointment Only Monday
through Saturday, 10 to 5.
Summary of Qualifications
Barry S. Block
is a highly respected, award winning member of the jewelry industry who has been actively involved since 1967. As President
of The Jewelry Judge, New York, with offices and gemological laboratory in Carle Place, NY, he is
currently a full time Gems and Jewelry Appraiser.
Barry opened the first U.S. based Jewelry Judge in Long Island, New York in 1988. His appraisal practice has grown to be one
of the most successful Independent Appraisal Offices in the U.S. and today is the model for "The Jewelry Judge" licensing
Barry had a concept of establishing Jewelry Judge Appraisal Centers throughout the U.S. and Canada. In 1999, this concept
became a reality Barry owns and operates the daily workings of the Jewelry Judge licensee program, which today numbers 11
Jewelry Judge offices located in the U.S. and Canada, a number that continues to grow. This business has created an innovative
network of elite jewelry appraisal professionals in the United States and Canada all providing appraisals under the Jewelry
Barry's gemological education has earned him the Graduate Gemologist degree from the Gemological Institute of America. His
appraisal education has earned him Senior Appraiser Status from the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, and Accredited
Senior Member status from the American Society of Appraisers. These, coupled with the required advanced gemological and
appraisal training have earned him the title of Master Gemologist Appraiser®. He is the first person to hold this title in the
State of New York. His office is the Jewelry Judge Licensing
programs International headquarters and training center.
He has been retained on numerous occasions as an expert witness by the Nassau County District Attorney's office, as well as
many other attorneys, to appraise jewelry for the purpose of determining the value for prosecution or defense, determination
of value for State and Federal inheritance taxes and equitable distribution in the matter of divorce.
Professional Associations and Affiliations:
- Certified Senior Member, National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA) since 1992
- Accredited Senior Member, American Society of Appraisers; "Master Gemologist Appraiser", 1993-
- Past President of the Long Island Chapter #72, American Society of Appraisers 1996-1997
- President, Long Island Chapter of the Gemological Institute of America Alumni Association 2002-2004
- Auxiliary Club Representative and Board Member of Consolidated Jewelers Association 1991-
- Past Board Member of "The Gift of Life," Rotary District 7250
- Past Board Member of the Mineola-Garden City Rotary Club; Recipient of "Paul Harris Fellow" Award
- Member of The New York State Jewelers Association and Jewelers of America
- Active Member of The Jewelers Vigilant Committee and Better Business Bureau
- Registered Master Valuer #1051402
- Member of American Gem Trade Association, The Jewelry Judge.
- Accredited Senior Gemologist of The Accredited Gemologists Association
Directions to our Carle Place location
Please call 516-248-8130 for directions
Fine Art Appraisals:
We highly recommend the AARC Group for all decorative art appraisals. Visit them at TheArtAppraiser.com